My Blogspot!

True physical beauty requires nothing more than soap, water and a comb. How much work is that? Intelligence is NOT a given, only the potential to BE intelligent if you as an individual choose to apply it. Beauty changes nothing, intellect, artistry and invention change the entire world.

Saturday, August 23, 2008

END OF THE WORLD? by qUeNn_RnB


In a four corner of my room, I was sitting on the floor with my pet beside of my bed. Thinking…..What will happen today? I was bewildered of my dreams, the unceasing and uncertain dreams. I don’t know why is that my hands are trembling while caressing my pet. My heart is pulsing fast with fear, a sense of foreboding enveloped my inner being. It was as if something terrible is going to happen. Ignoring those thoughts, I scrambled to my feet and slowly turned to the window. Looking outside the window, with the sun steadily rising in the horizon. How could be so humid and hot in such a beautiful day? I took a profound sigh. I saw the children playing with their innocent, pleasant and beautiful smile under the shining sun. I took a half smile. I noticed that my tears trickled down my cheeks. I was so immersed with the sensations it evoked in me. I wiped it right away. I still heard my heart throbbing. I decided to go back to my place where my pet is when I decided to have a glass of milk instead. As I walk towards my kitchen I felt that there’s someone behind me. Someone following in every step I make. I stopped on walking then I quickly turn back. But I saw nothing! I strode rapidly towards the basin. I washed my hands and started to prepare my breakfast. And after a minute, I brought it to my bedroom. As I walk towards the door I felt a profound trembling of the ground but it suddenly stopped. I was fasten on the ground where I stand with an elusive thought. I noticed that the temperature rises from time to time. I felt that there is something wrong. I heard some discordant views outside. I decided to turned on my television set to ease my tension but it didn’t. I was surprised. I turned it on again and again but it didn’t came to life. Oh! There must be some mistakes. I decided to go outside to find out what is really happening. But I recognized that the people are running as if they don’t know where they’re going to. I felt dizzy so I decided to go back inside. I turned on the radio and took a seat. I heard a man with a husky voice…I stopped for a while…the voice of the man on the radio was familiar to me…I heard the man introduced himself…oh! It was Earl Thomas (my close friend back in college...) I smiled. He started reporting breaking news about the imminent supernova of the sun and the earth which the universe began and any moment now…entirely exterminate! That was unbelievable! I tried to make myself not to believe on it but it was true! I noticed that, the man on the radio was with an Astronomer named Fransil Anjelo Rosaroso. I turned off the radio with my perspiring hands.

The temperature keeps on rising. It’s getting hotter, I thought. I felt need to regulate the air-conditioner. Thereafter, I went back to my place. Oh…what a melancholic day…I heard a hullabaloo coming from outside. I heard some vulnerable outcries. Oh my God… I was crying, a cry that needs help and comfort. I remember my family, my friends, how could I be with them when…..I missed them so much. I decided to have a solemn prayer. Subsequently, I felt a profound trembling of the ground but this time it is stronger which made me out-of-balance so I stumbled onto the ground. And as I stared into the window I was bewildered by a swift mass stampede heading towards East.

That disastrous circumstance continually became dreadful. The people brought nothing but their fidelity. The parents clutching their infants and children. The youth ran single-handed. And the aged who were feeble and hobbling were left suffering and helpless.

I wiped all those tears in my eyes and decided not to dilly-dally at that moment. I ran as fast as I can. I helped all those old man and we walk through.
I tried to look up to the sky but I was dazzled which made my eyes ached. I noticed that the sun was growing bigger and the radiation aggravated.

It was as if it threatens us that we had no escape. We got nowhere to go. Lofty buildings and bridges and some other establishments were melted away like a candle burning in the midst of the dark. All the creations of God had passed out like a bubble in a single time, and like them, we too had no escape…

Everything was gone. It’s the End of the World….

I saw nothing but darkness. I’m thinking and wondering, where I am? I stood in sightlessness. I heard nothing. What am I doing in here? I wonder why…. Where are the others? I walked cautiously in the dark. Oh! I wasn’t walking, I was floating! I shouted in vain for no one restrains me. I couldn’t control my body. I fell…I was screaming for a rescue and tried my best to fly but I fell…..

I opened my eyes slowly. I gazed into the white-wide ceiling. Still unshaken, try to feel the things around me. And suddenly, felt the terrifying and indescribable feeling. I was in my room lying carefree in my bed. A beads of perspiration trickled down my forehead and a tears of joy dripped down my cheeks. I wiped the sweat from my face right away. I jumped out of my bed then I saw my pet lying on the floor. I smiled and approached him. I caressed him calmly. “That was only a nightmare…Now I’m ok. Thank God”

Afterwards, I decided to prepare myself immediately for my rendezvous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home